- Apple Music has launched with iOS 8.4. The key question is whether the music labels will renew Spotify's free ad-supported on-demand tier.
- Huawei will run a campaign to promote continuous use of its newly announced Honor Zero wearable, but 4-day battery life will be discouraging
- New Canalys report - Meizu aims to be a second Xiaomi in China, view now t.co/poOyzTB4Nw
- New Canalys report - Market forces continue to impact on 3D printing vendors, view now t.co/VPSGEzlOLF
- Huawei Honor 7 will cannibalize P8’s market share with its lower price and more functions like dual-SIMs to simultaneously download data.
- Uber's decision to buy map generation technology from Microsoft is a smart move to generate additional revenue in bid to turn profitable.
- Underdeveloped online channel and postpaid market in Indonesia and Vietnam forced Yulong to the open channel after it entered those markets.
- As expected, the US Supreme Court has declined to hear Oracle v. Google. APIs will be copyrightable unless Google can win in a lower court.
- LeTV, largest ISP in video streaming in China invested $350m in Coolpad, getting control of hardware to support its content funded model.
- China Telecom up stakes with plans to deploy 4.5G network. Success will depend on aggressive subscription plans and wide network coverage.
This article examines the hurdles Apple faces to launch Apple Pay, ...
Meizu’s achievement in the past year was remarkable. With unique advantages, ...
3D printing has often been heralded as revolutionary but many of ...
This article examines the likely impact on foreign and local phone ...
APAC's emerging markets are rapidly shifting toward smart phones. Canalys outlines ...
Worldwide enterprise switch shipments increased 7.8% year-on-year and declined 10.5% sequentially ...
Service provider router shipments totaled US$3.0 billion in the first quarter ...
Tech Data announced it had reached an agreement to acquire certain ...
The changes of macro-economy and government regulation will have a big ...
At Google I/O 2015, Google’s annual developer conference, the company revealed ...
29 May 2015 | Tablets, Worldwide, forecast of units (millions), by platform
11 May 2015 | Smart phones, Worldwide, value ($), by country
08 May 2015 | smart phones, india, by vendor, share of units (%)
07 May 2015 | pcs including tablets, worldwide, units (millions), by vendor
06 May 2015 | Smart phones, Worldwide, units (millions), by vendor
06 May 2015 | Smart phones, Worldwide, units (millions), by region
17 Apr 2015 | 3D printing, Worldwide, value forecasts ($)
Feedback from the channel
Canalys Channels Forum
The comprehensive insights of the top brands (EMC, Cisco, Microsoft and SAP) gave us a good roadmap for our growth. I valued the sharing of Steve Brazier, who successfully got me INSPIRED and really ENGAGED in his talk and ICT vision, as well as showed us how we can accelerate our business.
Such a great use of time, so many meetings with the right people in a timely manner. Also great industry insights for the year ahead, it will fuel my client conversations for months to come.
The only event for the channel that is really worth going to each year.
I would like to have more Canalys sessions. The information you give the audience is invaluable.
Gaining insight into how the business leaders of key vendors are positioning their worlds is of great value - likewise the opportunity to network with such a wide array of business owners is a massive benefit.
The One to One meetings and the informal network give the most concrete and short term benefit of participating, while the Keynotes are good at indicating direction and future focus.
Best event I've attended in the last 25 years of being in the IT industry!
The biggest benefit I received from this conference was the opportunity to meet other executives in the industry. It was a great venue to discuss best practices and really learn from your peers.
It is a rare opportunity that we are able to meet most of the industrial distributors and partners together in one event. That has given us the opportunity to meet and know about their future product expansion in one go.
You get to hear from all vendors under one roof. Great value.
Hearing first-hand information on upcoming products and solutions per brand, collaboration and integration of different main brands was invaluable.
Having all major vendors together in one event allowed me to save time and travel costs. Hearing the vendors discuss their roadmaps and direction has also added tremendously to my own business direction.
The one-to-one meetings exposed us to the key industry executives and chart the new paths of growth.
Best practices across APAC and WW - Excellent way of understanding trends and shifts in IT industry.
Great event - great speakers, relevant topics & contents, and of course great venue!
Dedicated time with key partners and players in the industry was excellent.
Networking, Increasing own business portfolio, Better knowledge of market trends.
Good to have many vendors together so you can really use the time to meet with all of them. There is plenty of time to network with our customers and vendors.
The only event focused on the distributor and in LATAM.
I was very satisfied with the methodology you use, the app was amazing, maybe will be great have more vendors as Symantec, Citrix
El mayor beneficio fue el conocer tantas personas de otros paises, acercamiento con nuestros proveedores, y las reuniones uno a uno
Durante el evento logre tener reuniones uno a uno con personas que pueden ayudar a mejorar nuestra cadena de abastecimiento y ofrecer productos a nuestros clientes en un menor tiempo y a un menor costo
Excelente foro de la industria a nivel latinoamerica
Un formato diferente de convención centrado en los resellers, por lo que se pudo obtener gran cantidad de información y retroalimentarla con fabricantes y distribuidores. La aplicación móvil facilitó mucho todo, felicidades!!!!!!!